Author Topic: 76ers/Bucks 12/17  (Read 4929 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
76ers/Bucks 12/17
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »
First real game for DiLeo after getting a chance to work with the team.  Would be nice to see Miller rack up more assists than shot attempts again, but wouldn't be surprised to see him look for his shot with Luke Ridnour defending him.  They do have some guys who can stretch the floor...would be nice to see us put up more of a fight defensively from the perimeter and force them to take contested shots or make them play inside.  Sessions vs. Lou should be a nice little match-up off the bench. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: 76ers/Bucks 12/17
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »
I'm going to be paying attention to the whole early offense / secondary break plan.  They are going to try and avoid bringing the ball out to half court and getting set in order to keep the defense from getting set.  I guess they sort of did that last game with some success, but the Bucks are a little less likely to roll over on defense than the Wiz.

I have yet to hear what they plan to do to cut down on open threes and better guard the pick and roll.

Any word on the starters?

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »
Unless something astonishing happened at practices I don't expect a different starting five than the past couple games, with willie and thad off the bench

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 01:41:47 PM »
I loved how we threw in some ball reversals when Brand kicked it out of the post the other night. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »
Do you expect Brand to have a big night against the undersized Bucks? 

I'm wonder if the Sixers will go small a bunch tonight or if they can take advantage of Brand at PF?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 05:59:54 PM »
Do you expect Brand to have a big night against the undersized Bucks? 

I'm wonder if the Sixers will go small a bunch tonight or if they can take advantage of Brand at PF?

I could see Brand getting his numbers, but I could also see Villanueva killing us from outside. 

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 06:52:26 PM »
Yahoo indicates same starting five (with willie)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »
Not too happy with that 1st half at all.  Despite my hatred for Sam, he's better than Evans and should have played in that 2nd quarter.  Seriously, only Reggie Evans can turn a guaranteed 2 points into a personal foul within a half second.  They were attacking the rim with ease.  I'm surprised we're only down 5 with all the mis-communications we've had defensively. 

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »
Despite my hatred for Sam, he's better than Evans and should have played in that 2nd quarter

I just got home and wasn't paying too much attention (though miller went 6=8 in the first quarter with zero assists and that was silly to me) - is speights unavailable tonight (as he's often the better choice than either of the two mentioned above) or was he already in the game?

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »
Elton Brand - dislocated shoulder - that sounds not good

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 09:21:58 PM »
Speights is having a good fourth quarter - some rookie mistakes but over all he's having a positive impact on the floor

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 09:38:02 PM »
Hopefully Brand isn't on the shelf too long. 

Ugly win, although it was fantastic to see Lou find a groove in the 4th quarter again (being on the floor during the 4th quarter usually helps).  Iguodala..buddy... 2-14, the crowd was giving it to him tonight.   

Speights and Evans both had nice games off the bench.  I liked that over the head no look pass that Evans pulled out of his ass, I just hope he never attempts it again. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »
I missed the first half as well, had to go see the fifth grade Christmas concert, sounds like I did not miss much though.  Lou definitely has his groove back, it is great to see after the enormous funk he was in earlier.

Brand's injury looks ugly, but you never know with shoulders, ugly injuries can be nothing and little twinges can be season enders.  Speights plays with a ton of poise and great instincts, the back tap out to Lou after the final shot attempt by the Bucks was a big league play.

In Brand's absence who do they start?  Thad was the SF when Brand missed time earlier, do you put him back at PF or go with Evans or Speights for size.  Iggy with a good D, horrible offense game.  He's gotta dunk that ball when the only guy back is Luke Ridnour. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 10:08:14 PM by Skates »

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 09:47:00 PM »
From what i'm reading other places - a dislocated shoulder should be operated on and  rehabbed properly - should be out for the entire season for proper healing....

I must say that i see some silver linings if brand is out for the season - not the least of which is more minutes for speights and a hastening of the departure of andre miller at a higher value?

Two wins are nice - but still not too impressed yet as it was wiz and bucks and tonights win was kind of ugly

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 10:14:51 PM »
Is there a doctor in the house?  Where the heck is tk when you need him.  My wife tore her rotator cuff last year and IIRC from my research, a shoulder dislocation can be treated with or without surgery depending on the trauma to the ligaments and bones surrounding the joint.  The torn rotator cuff injury she had looks like something very minor, but required surgery, maybe Brand will be the opposite.  I would like to see him back this season, but I would be OK if he was out until the deadline.  DiLeo is supposed to be evaluating these guys and with Brand out they are more likely to make a tarde for the future at the deadline rather than some little move to improve thier chances slightly this year.