Author Topic: 12/10 Sixers vs. Cavaliers  (Read 7929 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: 12/10 Sixers vs. Cavaliers
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 09:26:28 AM »
"We have to get better defensively," said coach Maurice Cheeks, who kept coming back to defense as the main reason for the Sixers' poor start.

"Offense is always going to come," Cheeks said.

Fearless prediction.  The players listen to their coach... and the team loses tonight 57-13.

When the Sixers go 6 min droughts where they score no FG's and often turn it over without taking a shot it must be defense.

Mo is right.  It is about defense.  The Sixers can't score against an NBA defense.  They can only score when the other team gets lazy with the ball and turns it over all game.

On the bright side, if we wait long enough other teams will not take the Sixers seriously, and we can go on another late season run as other teams get lazy.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 09:54:19 AM »
"We have to get better defensively," said coach Maurice Cheeks, who kept coming back to defense as the main reason for the Sixers' poor start.

"Offense is always going to come," Cheeks said.

Fearless prediction.  The players listen to their coach... and the team loses tonight 57-13.

When the Sixers go 6 min droughts where they score no FG's and often turn it over without taking a shot it must be defense.

Mo is right.  It is about defense.  The Sixers can't score against an NBA defense.  They can only score when the other team gets lazy with the ball and turns it over all game.

On the bright side, if we wait long enough other teams will not take the Sixers seriously, and we can go on another late season run as other teams get lazy.

I would say you sound bitter, but scarily accurate would be a more apt description.

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 10:10:41 AM »
Every time Mo says it's about the defense i want to scream since there are various numbers that point out - not so much Mo

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 10:50:04 AM »
If you conceed that this team can't score in the half court, then yes, their only hope is defense.

This was probably the case with last year's team.  But now that Brand is here and Thad is one year better, it shouldn't be acceptable.  But no, I'm not bitter.  I'm just bemuzed.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 08:30:27 AM »

Hey ricky - there's no cst and you only have to log in once a day to make your picks (cut off time is 20 minutes before the start of the first game on any given day - not smart enough at the time to figure out how to allow partial submissions - and now don't have time to rewrite the code to check each game as opposed to just the first game of the day - sorry - that'll come later :)

ANd a promise not to try and 'break' the system - i'm sure there will be ways to break it after i set it up  while still learning :)

if you're interested the first couple pages are here

http://www.basketballjourney.com/PickEm/

You can only see picks up until the 20 minute window - after which it's locked out until midnight

JEM - I tried (nice site, by the way - it looks fun)...but received this when I tried to register:

Not Found

The requested URL /PickEm/register2.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »
Oh - it's not ready yet - i'm still building - i was just wondering if you were interested - it's a longer process than i thought but i hope to launch soon