Author Topic: 12/10 Sixers vs. Cavaliers  (Read 7928 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: 12/10 Sixers vs. Cavaliers
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 12:04:02 AM »
Not surprising that with Mo on the hot seat he is going away from the young guys and sending out the vets.  Before the 4th Young, Speights and Lou basically limited to token minutes.

I hope Ed just ends this thing before Mo starts messing with our young players heads.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 12:16:33 AM »
Dalembert - 18 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebs.
Speights - 7 minutes, 6 points, 4 rebs. 

I didn't see the game, but something tells me we'd have had a better chance to win this one without Brand's services or lack thereof. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 12:26:12 AM »
He ran himself out of detroit, he embarassed himself in new york and i'm betting if MJ wasn't GM in Charlotte he wouldn't be working - he's an ego maniac who probably convinced michael this was the trade he needed to make the playoffs....

He ran himself out of detroit after 2 finals appearance and one NBA title.  In one breath you're arguing his coaching ability, but that's not why he's out of Detroit.

People say roster, but maybe I'm missing the finals appearances that roster had before and after he left.

I mean, it's not like he had to do anything hard, like integrate a key malcontent piece into the roster midway through the season or anything.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence though. 

He only embarrassed himself in NY because he accepted the job.  Nobody, and I mean Red Auerbach himself, could have coached that team into a winner.

Yes, he's an egomaniac.  But that's not the debate.  He's an effective coach.  Always has been, and as 3 finals appearances this decade proves, still is.

Besides, you calling someone an egomaniac is a little too ironic for my blood at this time of the night.  What was that signature you had before this one?

No, I don't necessarily think he's the wrong coach for this roster.  Brand, Iguodala and Thad are just his kinda players.  He'd certainly know how to make better use of the shotblockers this team has and wouldn't have them over rotating to double on the perimeter.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 12:27:10 AM »
Brand must have been hurting.  He looked like CWebb on his worst day.

Can't the trainers tell if a guy is trying to move on a bum wheel?

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 10:12:51 AM »
He only embarrassed himself in NY because he accepted the job.  Nobody, and I mean Red Auerbach himself, could have coached that team into a winner.

Yeah, that's the only thing he did that embarassed himself in new york.

Oh yeah, I forgot about how he embarassed himself in the olymipcs as well...not because of performance of the team (though he sat two of his bestest players the whole time) but because of the after math and how he handled it.

Larry Brown loves to blame people as long as it's not himself.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »

Yeah, that's the only thing he did that embarassed himself in new york.

Oh yeah, I forgot about how he embarassed himself in the olymipcs as well...not because of performance of the team (though he sat two of his bestest players the whole time) but because of the after math and how he handled it.

Larry Brown loves to blame people as long as it's not himself.

I thought we were discussing his coaching ability?

Can you pick an argument and stick with it?

Thanks.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »
Well, not really - maybe that's what you thought - but i was discussing both because i think browns behavior and ego and personality are bad for a team - but his on the court coaching in the olympics kind of sucked ass as well.

But i'm going back to my original thought regarding your posts.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 11:32:09 AM »
Well, not really - maybe that's what you thought - but i was discussing both

that's great.  But I've only ever been arguing on one.  So continuing to use the other as proof is pointless since it's not what's being debated.  It's a nice distraction though. 

But i'm going back to my original thought regarding your posts.

That's nice.

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 04:54:38 PM »
Mo Cheeks: How do I get Thaddeus Young, Iggy, and Shareef Abdur Brand on the floor at the same time when Brand can't play center and Iggy's jumper isn't consistent?

John Hollinger: i think it's easy -- you bench Sam Dalembert. But Sixers have been reluctant to do that. Last night they reverted to starting Willie Green and brought Young off the pine, confirming my theory that Green has compromising photos of both Billy King *and* Mo Cheeks.

This would be funnier if he said ed stefanski :)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
Billy King gave him the contract after his injury.

Offline RickyPryor

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 05:23:11 PM »
Hey ricky - if i ever get it running - would youb e interested in helping me alpha test my 'nba pick em' game?

What's involved and how much will it cost me?

:)

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »
Billy King gave him the contract after his injury.

Thanks, I forgot who offered willie not one but two bad NBA contracts, but as we've learned - -GMs can influence who plays - Stefanski at least has tacit complicity in any minutes willie green gets that he shouldn't - plus king got fired

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »
Hey ricky - if i ever get it running - would youb e interested in helping me alpha test my 'nba pick em' game?

Not much - costs nothing - go to a web site once a day before the start of the first game - select who is going to win - submit - i just started to learn how to build web sites and took on a much bigger (than i would have though) project to learn on - but i'm almost to the point where i can at least start taking picks...

What's involved and how much will it cost me?

:)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »
btw jem, you may want to check out postgres as a sql backend.  It would probably take a little more time to get comfortable with (the user community isn't quite as large), but it does crazy things like follow sql standards and such (you know, crazy stuff like foreign keys, which are impossible with myisam).

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 06:34:49 PM »
Oh didn't noticed my messed up post to ricky either

Yeah, someone else mentioned the postgres as a back end and i'll look into it - but sadly i took up the php/mysql figure the hell out thing as part of my class in web design as opposed to sticking with simple HTML and today the 'final' project is done and tuesday it took me two hours how to figure out how to handle a log in that ISN"T in the database (don't laugh - it's not as obvious as you think)...and i was pretty sick most of the weekend so i'm pretty much screwed in terms of getting something in - so i'm focusing on completing as much as i can in mysql - getting it up and running as an 'alpha' with 5-10 people so i can test some scoring functionality.  I also want to design some splayoff contests as well

Hey ricky - there's no cst and you only have to log in once a day to make your picks (cut off time is 20 minutes before the start of the first game on any given day - not smart enough at the time to figure out how to allow partial submissions - and now don't have time to rewrite the code to check each game as opposed to just the first game of the day - sorry - that'll come later :)

ANd a promise not to try and 'break' the system - i'm sure there will be ways to break it after i set it up  while still learning :)

if you're interested the first couple pages are here

http://www.basketballjourney.com/PickEm/

You can only see picks up until the 20 minute window - after which it's locked out until midnight