Author Topic: 12/6 Nets at Sixers 7:30 EST  (Read 5695 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: 12/6 Nets at Sixers 7:30 EST
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
Miller really showing his age out there.  After being abused by Harris in the 1st, mo had him guarding the SG in the 2nd.  This led to Ivey getting PT, which basically gave the team no "shot" on offense (quite literally.)

Miller can be effective against some teams, but against quicker pg's its guaranteed open shots for the opposition as he can't prevent dribble penetration.  The Sixers defense collapses, leading to open shots around the perimeter.

Miller was so slow, they didn't even have to run a pick and roll against him.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2008, 12:46:24 AM »
I really wonder if Stefanski can let Mo finish the season.  Too many games like tonight - where the use of his roster left a lot to be desired.  The problem is that he also has two trades to make this season (Miller and Dalembert) - can you do that and fire the coach with anything more than a fill-in guy coming in during the season?

If you are going to bring in somebody established, do you do the trades first or let the guy come in first and give him a chance to integrate Sammy with what he wants to do?

ZERO for 6 from the field.  ZERO points against who?  Brook Lopez?

Fuck that.  Get Sammy outta' here.

Last night feels like a fluke right now.

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2008, 12:32:11 PM »

To who, for what?  Bad contract, and mediocre player, you're going to have to take bad  contract mediocre player back or incentivize

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »

To who, for what?  Bad contract, and mediocre player, you're going to have to take bad  contract mediocre player back or incentivize

I could see Memphis as a potential candidate.  Dalembert for Crittenton and Antoine Walker.  Crittenton's been the odd man out in the pg rotation out there, and gives us a young, tall pg who can cross minutes with Lou... also makes it a little easier to trade Miller.  Hopefully we'd be able to negotiate a buyout with Walker.  Gives Memphis a starting lineup of Dalembert, Gasol, Gay, Mayo, and Conley. 

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »
Hey I'm all for getting Crittenton and everything -but that means mo has to start speights, or ratliff, at center...

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »
Hey I'm all for getting Crittenton and everything -but that means mo has to start speights, or ratliff, at center...

You say that like they are not better options than Sammy.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 01:15:10 PM »
You say that like they are not better options than Sammy.

Ratliff isn't a better option than Sammy in my opinion - and not for that many minutes - and keep in mind how much i dislike Sam the basketball player.

I mean making the trade like that FORCES Mo to start Speights, but without plays, I don't think it matters, and if Stein is right that Mo has some job security for this season i don't see a major move being made anytime soon

Offline tk76

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »
I think a frontcourt of Brand, Speights, Jason Smith, Thad and Evans would be serviceable for next year.  As for this year, the way it is gong, I'm willing to struggle a bit in order to clear Sam's contract.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 12:15:17 AM »
I would sign Courtney Sims from the D-league and start him if we could trade Sammy.