Author Topic: 12/5 Sixers @ Pistons - AI's new team - 8 PM Eastern  (Read 6193 times)

jemagee

12/5 Sixers @ Pistons - AI's new team - 8 PM Eastern
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:31:46 PM »
So i haven't read anything anywhere, so is the big mystery who will start tonight at the four?  Elton Brand has been ruled out for at least tonight due to his hamstring injury.  Common sense says that maybe this is a good speights to start speights as the sixers aren't really expected to win (are they?)...so I'm guessing Mo is going to start reggie evans due to veteranability and his 'physicalness' against Rasheed Wallace...so the offense will be starting off 3 on 5 as opposed to the typical 4 on 5

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 12/5 Sixers @ Pistons - AI's new team - 8 PM Eastern
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »
God I hope he doesn't start Evans.  I've loved not seeing Evans on the floor at all the past two games. 

Who is Detroit starting down low opposite Rasheed?  Kwame?  Maxiell?

I'm pulling for Speights to be the starter.... wouldn't be surprised to see Mo move Thad to the 4, Iguodala to the 3, and start Willie at SG. 

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »
Kwame is the 'starting' center but if you look at his game logs it seems like a mostly honorary title :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3511/gamelog;_ylt=AqKKI032G8NaaLK0HMkCf7GMPKB4

I'm pulling for Speights to be the starter.... wouldn't be surprised to see Mo move Thad to the 4, Iguodala to the 3, and start Willie at SG.

I was hoping against that - it occured to me - but i really hoped not - unless that meant speights at the five and sam on the pine :)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
Maybe he will start Theo, but only give him "Kwame" type minutes.  Either way, Speights will get major minutes if he can keep out of foul trouble.  The Pistons offer a good mix of bigs, so it will be interesting to see how he does against them.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »
I think ya gotta start Thad and go to him early and often in the post.  Maybe start Lou at the 2 and have him guard AI.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
I think ya gotta start Thad and go to him early and often in the post.  Maybe start Lou at the 2 and have him guard AI.

I disagree.

You need to leave Thad at SF so that he can guard Prince.  We all know the problems you get with Green/Dala trying to match up with Rip/Prince.

At PF, I don't see how Young will be able to take Sheed in the post (or guard him in the post.)  Against the Pistons Thad should only play PF if the Pistons likewise go small.

Its a tough game no matter how you look at it, but they should try and get Speights extended minutes. i don't care if he starts, just have him play 30Min this game.  They likely will lose anyway, so don't give heavy minutes to Evans, Theo and Green- they don't need minutes to help them develop.  Speights, Thad and Lou need the minutes to improve. 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 02:00:46 PM »
% chance of happening:
Thad starts at the 4 with Green at the 2: 40%
Thad starts at the 4 with Williams at the 2: 30%
Theo starts at the 4: 20%
Speights starts at the 4: 10%

Sadly.

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:05:13 PM »
Hey well at least you think there is zero chance Evans start :)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:06:05 PM »
I assume Sammy will be guarding Sheed, so I fully expect big numbers from him.  

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 02:38:59 PM »
Looking forward to the Sixers running all of Brand's plays through Sammy tonight...

:D

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »

Speights starts at the 4: 10%

Sadly.

No reason to be sad: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sixerville/Speights_To_Start_Against_The_Pistons.html

Just when I thought Mo couldn't possibly be any dumber..... he goes and pulls something like this..... AND TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!   Well, he doesn't redeem himself, but its a rare good move. 

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
Looking forward to the Sixers running all of Brand's plays through Sammy tonight...

Plays?  Plays?

Well, he doesn't redeem himself, but its a rare good move.

That presumes Mo made the decision on his own...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »
Had he moved Thad to PF it would have left Iguodala on Prince... and we all know what would lead to Iguodala soiling himself. 

Green on Rip would have been as bad or worse.

What production are you hoping for from Speights over the next 2 games?  I'm not expecting great numbers against the Pistons, but he might fare better against the nets.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 09:30:21 PM »
Great to see the no shot, no offense offense in the 2nd qtr
:
Miller-Ivey-Dala-Evans-Sam 

Loved watching that team run through its sets- always ending in Evans isolation in the post.  Now that's offensive. 

Surprisingly they did not lose to much ground.  Maybe he will go back to them if he needs a bucket out of a time out.