Author Topic: A Miller hires agent  (Read 2119 times)

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
A Miller hires agent
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:27:25 PM »
After representing himself, Andre has hired an agent. This from Real GM...

Entering the final season of his contract, Sixers' point guard Andre Miller has hired Andy Miller to represent him in free agency, the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting. Miller previously did not have an agent.

"Ed and I are just going to talk about everyone's perspective," Andy Miller said. "Andre is optimistic about where the team is and is excited about the immediate future."

One point of discussion almost certainly will be the possibility of a contract extension.

"As far as his own future, Andre's waiting until we've all had a chance to do our due diligence," Andy Miller said.

Some encouraging quotes from the agent. I trust they represent A Miller's thinking. Hopefully two or three years in extension. I love the excited part.

jemagee

Re: A Miller hires agent
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:30:55 PM »
It's agent speak, it means nothing

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 08:33:11 PM »
you are probably right...although you never know who is blowing the smoke to maneuver the other side in negotiations. 

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 11:02:09 AM »
Both sides usually

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:16:43 AM »
Miller wants to stay so says Cheeks...

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54563/20080926/cheeks_miller_wants_to_stay_with_76ers/

Philadelphia Coach Maurice Cheeks recently spoke with point guard Andre Miller and came away convinced that he wants to remain with the team, according to News Journal.

Miller recently changed agents and claimed that he is open to a contract extension. His deal with the Sixers expires after this season.

"I know he likes being here and he loves playing basketball," Cheeks said. "Talking to Andre as much as I've talked to him, I know he likes our team. I know he likes the way our team has been constructed. He's a big part of it."