Author Topic: 09/10 Free Agents  (Read 6721 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 09/10 Free Agents
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 12:17:26 PM »
Additionally, if they're getting paid and becoming FAs sooner, they'd want to maximize thier time and really play for that next deal. No time for complacency

I didn't even think of that. They can't pull a DC or Pat Burrell and wait 3 years to actually start earning that cash. Even with a 3 year deal, I'm still against the idea of getting this guys as a Plan B, C, D, or E. I mean, I just don't like the idea of another year of Thad at PF and even if Speights pulls a "Thad" and earns serious PT next year, doesn't that just mean that the signing is an even bigger waste? I guess a trade could always solve such a problem since none of our players will be BYC.

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »
Agreed. The good thing is our biggest concern is a glut of talent at the 3 spot.....we haven't had a glut of talent anywhere in quite a while. Ed has a lot to work with, and by 09/10 he could parlay it into additional flexibility

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 01:40:31 PM »
Agreed. The good thing is our biggest concern is a glut of talent at the 3 spot.....we haven't had a glut of talent anywhere in quite a while.

With our glut of swingmen, plus possibly Josh Smith/Marion/Childress added to the mix, mayby we can find a new team slogan?

Your Philadelphia Sixers... Come Swing with us!

I can think of some great associated promotions.  Swingers night, freebies, a new mascot to replace Big shot who sports a handlebar mustache and shoots into the crowd prophylactics instead of t-shirts, replace club boxes with private boxes...

Any other ideas?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 01:44:32 PM by tk76- »

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »
Agreed. The good thing is our biggest concern is a glut of talent at the 3 spot.....we haven't had a glut of talent anywhere in quite a while.

With our glut of swingmen, plus possibly Josh Smith/Marion/Childress added to the mix, mayby we can find a new team slogan?

Your Philadelphia Sixers... Come Swing with us!

I can think of some great associated promotions.  Swingers night, freebies, a new mascot to replace Big shot who sports a handlebar mustache and shoots into the crowd prophylactics instead of t-shirts, replace club boxes with private boxes...

Any other ideas?

Yeah, "Swinger's night" doesn't have quite the big band, swing dancing connections it once did.   :D

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 02:15:28 PM »
I will grow a Michael McDonald beard just for the event

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »
Yeah, "Swinger's night" doesn't have quite the big band, swing dancing connections it once did.   :D

LMAO! Hopefully the team hands out shirts that night so that the people have clothing to wear.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 02:20:24 PM »
I live 5 blocks from the arena or so....trust me....South Philly STILL HAS those clothes!

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 02:20:46 PM »
Swingers and nudists are not the same thing...

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 02:24:07 PM »
Swingers and nudists are not the same thing...

One group might show up with some clothes on, but both will be naked by half-time... well, that is if the right music is playing. By the way, has anyone here ever been to a nude beach?? Why is it that the people who want to get nude are the people you never want to see nude???

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 03:08:11 PM »
Leave the continent of north america, everyone is pretty much nude, or at least topless, at non north america beaches, and you get a lot of good with a lot of bad