Author Topic: Minor FA News- Calderon resigns  (Read 2182 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Minor FA News- Calderon resigns
« on: July 01, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »
Not exactly a surprise:
Jose Calderon: Early this morning, through my agents, I reached a preliminary agreement with the Toronto Raptors. I want to thank Bryan Colangelo, Maurizio Gherardini, Sam Mitchell and all of the Raptors family for the confidence that they have placed in me. I am sure that together we are going to achieve big things in the future. JoseManuelCalderon.com

I thought Calderon would have been a good fit, but it never sounded like he was ever seriously courted by the Sixers.

jemagee

Re: Minor FA News- Calderon resigns
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 08:46:08 AM »
Calderon was a great fit for the sixers, but pretty much everyone knew the raptors would match any offer, especially after they moved ford to the pacers...i had hoped the sixers would have found a way to get him

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:01 AM »
Two down.....

FAs Signed
Jamison: Re-signed with WAS; 4 years/$44MIL according to cnnsi.com
Calderon: Re-signed with TOR; terms not known

I think Arenas is the next to announce he's signed somewhere. As always, he's acting as his own agent so I don't think he'll screw around for too long. Then again, it is Arenas and he supposedly picked the Wizards over the Clippers last time he was a FA by the flip of a coin.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
I would have liked their other FA as a shooter, Delfino, but it sounds like he may head back to Europe.  Calderon was only a pipe-dream, especially after TJ Ford went bye-bye.  I imagine Bargnani will be available. ::)