Author Topic: Brand Opts Out - ESPN News Reports  (Read 18520 times)

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brand Opts Out - ESPN News Reports
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »
Zinger!

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »
I don't know if they want to give up Andre. But if that's what it came down to, they'd rather have Brand than Andre. (myself included)

Sorry...no...cause then you just create another hole - unless you wanna add maggette too - with no one behind it but l-will (who the sixers asininely still think is a point guard) and willie green.  Plus the age skews the wrong way....I would not trade Brand for Igudoala, sorry, especialy since brand played a total of 8 games last year.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »
Sorry...no...cause then you just create another hole - unless you wanna add maggette too - with no one behind it but l-will (who the sixers asininely still think is a point guard) and willie green.  Plus the age skews the wrong way....I would not trade Brand for Igudoala, sorry, especialy since brand played a total of 8 games last year.

I don't have the link available, but Stefanski has said he doesn't think Lou-Will is ever going to be a full-time PG.  So yea, the Sixers don't think that.

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
I don't have the link available, but Stefanski has said he doesn't think Lou-Will is ever going to be a full-time PG.  So yea, the Sixers don't think that.

Not the same as saying 'he wont' be a back up pg' - which is where they see him - they don't see him as a starter, which is fine, but he's not much of a point guard, he's a two guard who is short

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 09:22:20 PM »
Iggy is not as easily replaceable as people think.  He will be scrimaging against the current Olympic team for a reason - he is very highly thought of around the league.  Also much harder to replace once you have maxed Brand out.  I would happily send Andre to the Clips, if it's needed and if his last name is Miller. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 09:31:46 PM by Skates »

jemagee

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »
Iggy is not as easily replaceable as people think.  He will be scimaging against the current Olympic team for a reason - he is very highly thought of around the league.  Also much harder to replace once you have maxed Brand out.  I would happily send Andre to the Clips, if it's needed and if his last name is Miller. 

I doubt the clips want him back for one year :)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »
Iggy is not as easily replaceable as people think.  He will be scimaging against the current Olympic team for a reason - he is very highly thought of around the league.  Also much harder to replace once you have maxed Brand out.  I would happily send Andre to the Clips, if it's needed and if his last name is Miller. 

I doubt the clips want him back for one year :)

Not since he plays the same position Arenas is supposed to play and I know they have at least one on Agent Zero.

jemagee

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 09:35:10 PM »
Arenas is going back to washington

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 09:55:54 PM »
Arenas is going back to washington

That's good for 3 reasons.

1) It screws up Washington's cap for the next 6 years

2) It means he isn't coming here

3) It means Washington will not be a title contender anytime in the near future.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »
I think we might be looking at Brand and Baron as Clippers.

I wonder how Philly fans will react to Brand signing a 6yr/110M+ deal with the Clippers?  Would people feel like that is overpaying him?  I guess we would have to give Ed a free pass, since there is no way the Sixers could out bid that, even with a sign and trade.

I think we might be seeing why it is so hard to build a team with FA- you have to overpay so much to get them.

If Smith resigns today (he is meeting with Atl) we might be at plan C very quickly...

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 08:44:58 AM »

I wonder how Philly fans will react to Brand signing a 6yr/110M+ deal with the Clippers?  Would people feel like that is overpaying him?  I guess we would have to give Ed a free pass, since there is no way the Sixers could out bid that, even with a sign and trade.

SAS is reporting that Brand wants 4 years/$60MIL. I think some of the children on realgm will be flipping out if he does sign for that little.

jemagee

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »
The children on realgm may flip out because they haven't thought it through, can the sixers OFFER brand 60 million over 4 with their cap room?  I didn't work out the raises and such.

Can't make a S&T if the other team won't do it

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »

SAS is reporting that Brand wants 4 years/$60MIL. I think some of the children on realgm will be flipping out if he does sign for that little.

If he does that you can bet he is leaving room for Baron Davis to come to LA and giving a hometown discount he won't get here. The endorsement deals and Hollywood connections tend to make up for any money he leaves on the table to stay in LA.

jemagee

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 08:54:15 AM »
Except he's elton brand, who really isn't a huge endorsement draw.

BTW - since lebron james has been drafted reports are that the global shoe market has dropped almost 50% from 4.5 billion....

jemagee

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 08:57:33 AM »
Brand was influenced by seeing the celtics win the title and how a few stars can get to the finals and he wants that.

So why would he re-sign with the Clippers?  Better chance of making the finals moving to miami