Author Topic: Chad Ford suggests interest in...  (Read 6206 times)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chad Ford suggests interest in...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
I'd imagine they are banking on Mayo to be their franchise player down the road.  If they are willing to move him, then I'd certainly be interested... but when you factor in what they had to give up to get Mayo, they would ultimately be trading Mike Miller and OJ Mayo away for Iguodala.  That's a ballsy move for a GM to make after giving away your last franchise player for peanuts.  I'd be intrigued, but I just don't see the likelihood of Mayo being moved to be favorable.  

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2008, 02:50:30 PM »
The only players of consequence on the Griz since Miller and Gasol were traded are Gay, Mayo and Conley.  After acquiring Mayo the only way it would make sense for them to be interested in Iggy would be for Mayo to move to PG full time.  Some believe that Mayo can do this, although I don't fall into that camp.  Assuming they don't want to move Mayo or Gay (either of which I would consider fair value for Iggy) the deal would have to start with Conley and some combination of Critt, Warrick, Arthur and/or Lowry.  I would certainly take Adriana Lima, but only if she left Jaric back in Memphis.  BTW, if Korver was so damn good looking, how come he never had a girlfriend that looked like that at Sixers games?

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 02:55:52 PM »
A.  Korver ain't that good looking
B.  I think he's kind of a mormon
C.  He strikes me as the kind who gets all giggly and nervous in front of girls better looking than the average high school cheerleader

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
Assuming they don't want to move Mayo or Gay (either of which I would consider fair value for Iggy) the deal would have to start with Conley and some combination of Critt, Warrick, Arthur and/or Lowry.

That package really doesn't do much for me personally.  Conley is an intriguing player, but I'm not ready to make him a centerpiece for an Iguodala trade...  If Memphis won't part with Mayo or Gay then the return package probably takes us backwards as a team. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
Assuming they don't want to move Mayo or Gay (either of which I would consider fair value for Iggy) the deal would have to start with Conley and some combination of Critt, Warrick, Arthur and/or Lowry.

That package really doesn't do much for me personally.  Conley is an intriguing player, but I'm not ready to make him a centerpiece for an Iguodala trade...  If Memphis won't part with Mayo or Gay then the return package probably takes us backwards as a team. 

I agree, unless Iggy's contract demands get out of hand and we have a nice second deal to move Miller a PF or true SG.