Author Topic: Chad Ford suggests interest in...  (Read 6205 times)

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
Chad Ford suggests interest in...
« on: June 30, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »
Jose Calderon and Nenad Kristic. Jose with an all out FA's signing, and Kristic as a sign and trade. If either one has any substance to it, could it also mean that Dalaembert, Miller, and even Iggy are up for sign and trades, trades or something else? My opinion is easy Ed is more than willing to trade just about anyone on this team but Young.

The article also says the Grizz love Iggy, but does not think they can get him.

The dribble of information leaking about the Sixers continued interest in Jordan from the Clipps and the Ford info on Kristic could sure get a conspiracy theorist thinking that Ed has ideas about reshaping the roster. Who knows?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=FreeAgents-080629
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:03:07 AM by The Poster »

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Chad Ford suggests interest in...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »
Fortunately, Chad Ford is wrong about 90% of the time  :) 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »
I could understand the Grizz interest in Iguodala before the draft or if they would have held onto Love.... but now that they've dealt Love for Mayo, going after Iguodala makes no sense.

Right now, I have their lineup looking like this.
Conley/Lowry/Jaric
Mayo/Crittenton
Gay/Buckner
Warrick/Arthur/Walker
Mililic/M. Gasol

If they signed Iguodala, Gay would probably shift to the 2 and Mayo would take over point meaning that Conley, Crittenton, and Lowry would all sit the bench. I could see them going after Josh Smith but that would require them to spend money and I doubt they will do that.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:25:24 AM »
Fortunately, Chad Ford is wrong about 90% of the time  :) 

In a positive light you might say he is always right, 10% of the time.  Chad Ford, the SexPanther cologne of NBA rumors.  ;D

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
Like Sex Panther.... Chad Ford stings the nostrils when he's around. While I put little to no stock in his reports, I have to say I'm jealous of the man. He does almost all of his work from home in Hawaii and in a sense, he gets paid to do what most of us do for free: bullshit about the NBA.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:35:39 AM »
I like Calderon.  I actually think he'd be a great fit on this team.  I think there's roughly 0.5% chance of him leaving Toronto, though.

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
Does anyone think there is a remote chance that Easy Ed trades on of Miller, Iggy or Daly? Or do most think he will try to continue to build on the play D, rebound, and run model that was started last year. And if he continues to build on that model who of those three least fits the model? Miller?

I expect we will only add some pieces like a shooter, maybe not even a PF, unless it is a marque PF. We already have J Smith, Evans and now Speights at PF, with Young playing there occasionally. It would be a waste of money allocation on the position if no one is traded and the players remain.

This will not be the final off season we are building the team. We will need more salary cap space next off season. Miller? and Marion?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
PF is the obvious need.  Nobody on the roster is of starting caliber at that position.  Using our cap space to make a significant upgrade to our greatest need is most logical way to spend our money. 

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »
here is the latest from the AJC paper.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/hawks/entries/2008/06/30/mythbusting.html?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

What would the Hawks do if say the Sixers offered that front loaded contract say 30-40-50 million up front on a five six year contract. Pure fantasy? Maybe, but could be fun. Talk about what goes around comes around ie Joe Johnson and the Suns and hawks.

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 12:20:55 PM »
Calderon is a restricted free agent and toronto traded ford, i put his chances at leaving the raptors for the sixers around the same as the sixers trading willie green straight up for lebron james

Krstic is iffy

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »
Ok, let's speak hypothetically, what would it take for you to be willing to do a sign and trad with the griz for iguodala...they have the cap space so it's not an issue, but what do you want back?

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:02 PM »
I wouldn't go so far as to say chad ford is 'suggesting interest' by the sixers in calderon or krstic or smith, it's baseless speculation preambled by 'don't be surprised' or 'ed liked him' or whatever, he makes no claims that the sixers have actually shown interest in any of them.

BTW - Calderon is my first choice of the three

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 02:34:10 PM »
Ok, let's speak hypothetically, what would it take for you to be willing to do a sign and trad with the griz for iguodala...they have the cap space so it's not an issue, but what do you want back?

While they have some point guards that interest me.... none (besides Mayo, but he isn't being moved) by themselves do nearly enough for me to part ways with Iguodala.  The only return they could offer us with fair value would be Gay... and they probably aren't even interested in moving him.  I doubt a sign and trade situation between Phi and Memphis ever manifests as they are horrible trade partners. 

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »
Why wouldn't mayo be moved if they signed and traded iguodala...they play the same position?

I'd want Mayo to start with or no deal

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 02:44:23 PM »
BTW - in reading fords 'others' it seems that the #11 restricted FA on the list is louis williams...