Author Topic: Off Season - Now What  (Read 9696 times)

jemagee

Re: Off Season - Now What
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2008, 03:44:03 PM »
Possibly, what i meant was 'over rated' point guard who really isn't a point guard and would be a horrible fit on the current sixers roster :)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2008, 03:58:32 PM »
According to SF76, the Sixers off-season plan looks like this:

Plan A: Sign Smith or Brand
Plan B: Trade for Sheed
Plan C: Trade for Marion

Has Brand made an announcement about opting-out? What the hell?

jemagee

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »
He has until tonight at 11:59 PM (eastern time) to make the announcement probably, he's probably waiting to see what his agent can sniff out.

Rasheed Wallace?  Only if he agrees to counselling for his ADHD

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 07:36:36 PM »
I'm surprised we haven't shown much interest in Okafor.  I have a feeling that negotiations could hit a rough patch in Charlotte.  Okafor turned down a 5 year deal that could have earned him nearly 13 mil per year if he met certain incentives.  http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3468083 

His numbers regressed last year, which probably won't earn him a more lucrative deal.  It'll be interesting to see how the Bobcats react if Okafor is still at odds with the deal they offered him... that is, if the offer still stand considering his production took a slight drop off. 

jemagee

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 07:39:12 PM »
Okafor can't really play power forward in an uptemmpo offense can he?

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 07:44:41 PM »
I think you could get away with it with Sammy....but that's just me. We REALLY ned a guy to lean on larger frontcourt players and allow Sammy to come weakside

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
We need a big man with an offensive game, right now no one who is actually a PF/C on this team has an nba offensive game

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 08:14:43 PM »

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 08:34:21 PM »
Does Sekou Smith have any kind of credibility?

Josh Smith is being targeted by Philadelphia with their $11 million-plus in available cap space. I know there is a small segment of people out there that think the Sixers might be using all this hype as a smokescreen and really be interested in making a sneak attack for Corey Maggette or even Elton Brand (if he does indeed opt out of his deal, we'll know later today if he does or not). But Smith is the guy. And if the offer to Smith is frontloaded (think of the structure of the Hawks' offer to Joe Johnson three years ago), things will get really complicated. ... Josh Childress is going to be the target of at least three different veteran-stocked playoff teams that are over the salary cap, meaning they'll use their mid-level exception to try and steal him away while the Hawks are busy figuring out what they'll do with Smith.