Author Topic: Off Season - Now What  (Read 9697 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Off Season - Now What
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »
ANyone have interest in giving telfair a shot?

I would give him a shot. Not that I think he'll do anything with his career but I could see him signing with New York if he's going someplace for cheap.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »
Lots of interesting names floating around hoopshype this morning, a lot out of new york papers, for instance the heat are supposedly shopping haslem pretty hard - 2 year deal - a nice stop gap without spending tons of cash?

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »
Oh yeah, and in the realm of really really really big risk most likely to blow up in your face, shaun livingston is a UNrestricted free agent :)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 12:36:18 PM »
Oh yeah, and in the realm of really really really big risk most likely to blow up in your face, shaun livingston is a UNrestricted free agent :)

I really don't know what a fair offer would be for Livingston given his injury concerns.  Any ball park ideas on what he'll most likely get? 

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
He'll probably get a two year offer on the low end, maybe with a team option or so...rumors are that the clippers plan to give him a deal, but didn't want to make the tender (close to 6 mil)....IF he somehow comes back from all those injuries, he's a steal, but the big concern when he was drafted was his durability which sort of played out :)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 01:37:56 PM »
If his asking price isn't too high and we could offer him a small 2 year deal w/ a team option after the first then I'd support it.   I do love his size as at his position, but the shorter the deal the less risk involved, the less risk involved the greater the appeal. 

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 02:23:12 PM »
I just don't see Livingston leaving the Clips if they are going to make him a decent offer. Honestly... I have no clue what a fair offer for him is considering that even if he is healthy... we don't know what kind of player he is. Is he going to go back to being who he was pre-injury with the same upside? Is he now a slower player??

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 09:49:21 PM »
Lots of interesting names floating around hoopshype this morning, a lot out of new york papers, for instance the heat are supposedly shopping haslem pretty hard - 2 year deal - a nice stop gap without spending tons of cash?

One of those names is Charlie Villanueva who apparently will be dealt fairly quickly this summer. He's part of the Plan C I would have in place but I certainly wouldn't go after him above the big names. While I haven't been a CV fan at all, I do think his style of play sort of fits in here.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »

One of those names is Charlie Villanueva who apparently will be dealt fairly quickly this summer. He's part of the Plan C I would have in place but I certainly wouldn't go after him above the big names. While I haven't been a CV fan at all, I do think his style of play sort of fits in here.
[/quote]

CV is certainly not a first option, but it should become clear pretty quickly what the landscape is like in FA.  As a fall back he has rasonable contract and a team motivated to move him.  Haslem would eat more cap space and would likely cost more to acquire, but is also a fall back position.

Offline doc

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
We can cross of Antawn Jamison from the list it seems

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3467806

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »
for that much...hell yeah

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2008, 03:06:41 PM »
We can cross of Antawn Jamison from the list it seems

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3467806

At that price and for those years I will gladly cross him off.  Looking at the Wiz salaries I never realized how much of a bargain caron Butler's contract is.  Anybody know if he has an ETO any time soon?  Not necessarily to get him for us, but if Arenas signs a big deal I can see Butler getting a little annoyed down the road.

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2008, 03:10:43 PM »
caron's contract plays out w/o a eto or a team option. 

Thats a bit long and expensive for jamison.  he's good and as steady as they come but man...

jemagee

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 03:21:38 PM »
They had to get jamison done or risk losing arenas (who is going to get paid too much for being an iverson clone)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »
How is Arenas an Iverson clone?  Iverson's a career 31% 3 pt shooter making 1.2 per game.  Arenas is a career 36% 3pt shooter making 2.1 per game. 

In order to be a gunner, doesn't your skillsets have to be the same?

Or did you mean gunner instead of clone?