Author Topic: Stick a fork in 'em!  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Stick a fork in 'em!
« on: June 13, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
DISCLAIMER: This post IN NO WAY means I am jumping on the Spurs bandwagon, I'll leave that to other "fans" :) . I'd almost root for dallas (almost) if it meant lafawnda janes and christina bosh lose in the Finals, that is THE ONLY reason I am so happy right now! and the way they are losing is just icing on the cake.

That said:
Strong fundamentals, a very unselfish starting 5 and an EXCELLENT bench will win just about every time, I have not seen such crisp passing in a long time, Leonards performance was a sight to behold and Chalmers COULD NOT STOP Parker, actually no one could. You don't have to stop lafawnda janes, you just have to shut down Wade and that over rated weasel Bosh and boom! The way the Spurs controlled the boards, was IMO the key, +6 on the O side and all but 3 of those resulted in second chance buckets, 2 of them 3's. On the D side they were plus 11 thereby denying Miami some serious second chance points. If they had a weakness it was turnovers, but Miami only converted about half of those I think. San Antonio is too balanced for a team surrounding 3 cats too big for their own britches, I LOVE IT!
Dan

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stick a fork in 'em!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 11:21:14 PM »
Congrats Spurs and their fans.  At times this post season they were an absolute machine.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stick a fork in 'em!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
Let me throw my congrats in as well.  I absolutely LOVED what the Spurs did both this year and last.    It's absolutely amazing how Duncan   and Ginoblli have adapted their games to their aging. 

Also, Duncan has announced he will return.   If they can keep Diaw away from the victory buffet and Leonard takes another step forward they might be favored to repeat!

Nice to hear from you all as well.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes