Author Topic: ziggy; Jacoby Ellsbury  (Read 5298 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
ziggy; Jacoby Ellsbury
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
zig i do not know if you still use the email posted on this site.
I do not use mine, i shut it down.

At any rate, here's hoping Ellsburys foot heals in time for the playoffs.
Great year he and the Sox were and are having.  52-4 on stolen bases. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: ziggy; Jacoby Ellsbury
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 11:58:51 PM »
zig i hope you are celebrating somewhere.
Sox in series and Ellsbury has had a tremendous playoff comeback from foot injury.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »
Well it was truly bitter and sweet!  I have been Tiger fan for 45 years.  I sucked it up when they lost 119, and we 22 years between World Series appearances.  I was rooting for the Tigers to win and for Jacoby to win the Series MVP.
As far as WS I have always been a fan of the Cards, they are such a good organization.  I do not care for a number of the Red Sox players (Gomes, Victorino, Lackey, Bucholtz, Salty).  At the same time the Sox do have some players who I respect.  My nephew and brother went to Jacoby's wedding reception, and they both agreed Pedroia, Lester, and couple of others were engaging, and respectful people.  Some though were not.
In the end though I will root for Jacoby to get another ring.  So Red Sox all the way!!
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »
My nephew and brother went to Jacoby's wedding reception, and they both agreed Pedroia, Lester, and couple of others were engaging, and respectful people.  Some though were not.

Who were the dicks, Zig???  :)
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
My nephew and brother went to Jacoby's wedding reception, and they both agreed Pedroia, Lester, and couple of others were engaging, and respectful people.  Some though were not.

Who were the dicks, Zig???  :)

One is no longer a Red Sox, involved in a big trade, who was a big fried chicken fan, with the initials of JB.  Another is a member of the rotation with the initials CB.  Those were the 2 worst, and there were several other who you weren't dicks per se, but they viewed everybody at the reception as clearly beneath them.  Pedroia on the other hand was very engaging, came right up to my nephew and chatted with him for 10-15 minutes, very unpretentious.  Lester was less forward, but very respectful.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »
I've heard that about JB.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
Wolverine,
St Louis still one of if not the top organization in MLB when considering $$$ and market size.  What do they put in the water out there?
That having been said, what is the thinking of Redbird Nation coffee shop drinker re Wainrights 6th inning after retiring Nava to open?
This game had 2-1 one way or the other written all over it.  St Loius should have been treating it as their Game 7 (not that they weren't but...)
The Drew walk blew me away. 
That St Louis manager then stuck with him for Ross and Ellsbury i do not get at all.

Do you still have your sports anchor gig?  Still in MN?
Groupies?

D Nava struck out swinging.   1   1
X Bogaerts singled to center.   1   1
S Drew walked, X Bogaerts to second.   1   1
D Ross hit a ground rule double to left, X Bogaerts scored, S Drew to third.   2   1
J Lester grounded out to pitcher.   2   1
J Ellsbury singled to center, S Drew scored, D Ross thrown out at home.