Author Topic: Finals. 2013 Spurs vs Heat  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Finals. 2013 Spurs vs Heat
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
Does this board have a pulse?

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finals. 2013 Spurs vs Heat
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:02 PM »
Zombie jn smash!!!!!

Looking forward to it and or course pulling for the Spurs.  I was really surprised by there sweep of the Grizz. 

We know Lebron is going to be huge.  The question is all about the rest of the team.   We also know Wade is going to put up some numbers.  The question is whether he explodes from beginning to end of the series.  If he only plays alright by his loft standards, the Spurs have a shot.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
Greetings again jn.

Will be int to see if LeBron ends up, or for that matter starts out guarding Parker.
The rest should have done the Spurs wonders.  A healthy speedy Parker is completely different from an 80% Parker.

Tiimmy Duncs I'm counting of combining with Splitter to get the better of the Heat frontline.  Would not surprise me if Birdman tries some cheap crap again.  Altho i bet Pat Riley ripped him a new one after the joke that was Birdman in Game 6 Pacers.  Afterwords playing the victim role pretty much.  ::)  "I've just got to accept what the league did to me" etc.  However make no mistake and I'm sure you agree, Miami needs Birdman badly to provide a frontline D and rebounding.

Wade yeah he certainly has turned into a whining prima donna but yeah, his health (or not) is another key.
GNob vs Wade whether head to head or not, how these two do is another key.

Ray Allen is hot n cold as is Danny Green.  Will be another key imo.  They both hit huge momentum treys when they are on.  Allen was one of the main reasons the Celts choked vs The Marketers in 2010 (3-14 and 2-7 with mainly Derek Fisher guarding him  ;D )

Kawahi Leonard i absolutely love.  Hope the Spurs involve him in the O as well as D-ing up on LeBron.  He's very capable. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:54:09 AM »
Live by the 3 die by the 3?  Wow!
Spurs Game 3 16 three pointers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LUH-y2pZ9o&feature=youtu.be

Parker questionable for Game 4.  He will play, the question is what percentage is he?
jn i don't want the Spurs going into self defeatist mode if Parker is out.  Play on, for goodness sake we just saw what Green and Gary Neal did.  This business that the Spurs have to mail it in if Parker is hobbled is bunk.

The Heat are a missed Parker last second shot from being up 2-1.  I hardly think this series is over. 
But if the Spurs continue to play team ball.... :)  Legit 5th Championship here we come.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 02:28:21 AM »

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »
Absolutely brutal night for Ginoblli.   Far and away the worst game I have ever seen him play. 

It was an entertaining game though.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 10:53:28 PM »
And Ginobili followed up a horrible game with one huge turnover after another.  He had Chalmers on him -- he should have been able to take over the game with James on Parker.  Green also made some really bad decisions with the ball. 

It has been a great series -- I really hate to see Miami win it again but give them their due -- James was on fire tonight and Wade, Battier and Chalmers all hit huge baskets.  Miami appeared to want it a bit more as they continuously hit the boards and were always quicker to loose balls.  Great coaching as well -- both made changes and responded.  It appeared that the Spurs (esp. Parker) ran out of gas.

Leonard was amazing -- this guy once again shows how talented the Spurs are at recognizing talent. 

Great series -- there has been some great bball in this playoffs this year!  Lots to enjoy this year!!!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 10:51:37 AM »
Game 6s Spurs rank #1 in all time playoff game chokes?
Does for me.

Miami played horribly in Game 6 too.

Failure to foul in the two point area and/or allow the three point attempt is so unfundamental.   I know Popazit is not the only coach who subscribes to the losing strategy of let em shoot the game tying three.