Author Topic: LAL vs. LAC  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
LAL vs. LAC
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:12 AM »
Hey, y'all!
As as Tinseltown resident, many of the talk-shows that are broadcast nationwide are familiar to me since they emanate from here. One of the favorite topics of discussion on these shows is whether LA is the Clippers' or Lakers' town. To me, this is a laughable non-issue...'Lob City' ain't won nuttin' yet!
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: LAL vs. LAC
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
Touche' Rolando, until the Clips win SEVERAL championships or at least start making SERIOUS waves in the playoffs it is still the Lakeshow all the way, one good season does not unseat the Kings of SoCal!

Even if they did prove to more than a 1 or 2 season flash in the pan (and given Sterling's history that seems unlikely) it will still be Lakertown, although with fickle Angelenos...
Dan

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 06:28:52 PM »
Do Yankee fans root for the Mets?
Do Cubs fans root for the White Sox?
Do Alabama fans root for Auburn?
Do Beaver fans root for the Ducks?
Do Trojan fans root for the Bruins?
Did Russians root for Americans?
Do Republicans root for Democrats?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:49:45 PM »
Think about the outpouring of admiration, sadness and gratitude when Buss died.  Now imagine what happens when Sterling dies.  I imagine a lot of Angelenos will start taking grave dancing lessons.

I will say this for the current Clippers.  I went to see them play the Wolves a month back and they are hot enough to have some bandwagon fans here.  Not many but they were there.  There were a few guys in my section calmly cheering for them and one leather pant wearing drunk skank right next to me shrieking for them. 

Plus just think about what a pop culture punchline the Clippers have been over the years.   I think it was summed up nicely in a Simpsons episode where the Marge and Homer end up with a tennis court.  They always lose, leading to one of the cops referring to them as "the LA Clippers of backyard tennis."   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 09:20:21 AM »
RoBL i was going to see if you wanted to do a GTG (going to game) when the Clips played the Lakers...

Could they meet in the playoffs?  :)