Author Topic: Breaking Bad  (Read 4462 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Breaking Bad
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:18:33 PM »
Not sure if any of you are fans of this show, but I think it's great. In fact, I really like the AMC channel as they come up with a lot of good television, like Mad Men.

Sort of a parallel series to Weeds, without the same humor. A overqualified Chemistry teacher finds out he has terminal cancer and potentially six months to live.  He has a pregnant wife and two kids in school, that he wants to protect while he still can.

Solution: He starts cooking meth and learns the business.  He has to deal with all sorts of odd balls, and drug gangs who hate him, because his product is so much better than anyone else's and is in high demand. As problems come up he often turns to solutions that you wouldn't think of.  Solving problems through Chemistry.

Can't get into a chemical warehouse to get the chemicals you need.  No problem, burn the lock off with Thermite. 

Drug dealer decides he wants you dead, you make him a present of RICIN.

He's not a bad man, he just wants to help his family and needs money fast. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Breaking Bad
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
Drug dealer decides he wants you dead, you make him a present of RICIN.

Wow!  I was interested in that show but I have enough shows on my plate to start following another.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »
Been a fan since the very first episode of the show......

But I am like 2 weeks behind on this season because I've been out of town and basketball has been on.  I heard that last weeks episode was real good and the best yet.  Do you agree Rick/

With out giving out too much about the show the main character really morphs from episode to episode.  The main character is the Dad from Malcom In The Middle so you wouldn't expect this type of role from him.  He plays it PERFECT.  Really shows his talent as an actor.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »
really liked it when it started, i just dont have a regular tv schedule - too much to watch out there sometimes.  so I lost track after a while.  It did start off great though.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 03:42:51 PM »

But I am like 2 weeks behind on this season because I've been out of town and basketball has been on.  I heard that last weeks episode was real good and the best yet.  Do you agree Rick/

With out giving out too much about the show the main character really morphs from episode to episode.  The main character is the Dad from Malcom In The Middle so you wouldn't expect this type of role from him.  He plays it PERFECT.  Really shows his talent as an actor.

Yeah, the last episode was very neat.  Lawyers.... But it's not a hard show to keep up with since it airs on Sunday night.  Don't know about the rest of you, but that really is my down time.  I don't know if Comcast is everywhere, but here you can even get the shows on the internet, in fact, I'm sure you could go to comcast.net and see 'em for free.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 07:07:29 PM »

Yeah, the last episode was very neat.  Lawyers.... But it's not a hard show to keep up with since it airs on Sunday night.  Don't know about the rest of you, but that really is my down time.  I don't know if Comcast is everywhere, but here you can even get the shows on the internet, in fact, I'm sure you could go to comcast.net and see 'em for free.

I tend to fly out on Sunday evening so I can be on the client site Monday morning.  For most people it's a good slot.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:40 AM »
I'm all caught up and this is easily my favorite show on right now.  The acting ability of Bryan Cranston is nothing short of amazing.  If this show doesn't win an Emmy i'd be VERY surprised.