Author Topic: What do you guys think about the Palm Pre??  (Read 3178 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
What do you guys think about the Palm Pre??
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »
I think I am going to get one when it finally gets released.  Any opinions on this phone?

http://www.kokeytechnology.com/gadgets/cell-phonesmobile-phones/palm-pre-features-and-full-specifications/

Palm Pre Features and Full Specifications
February 12, 2009 ? Filed Under Cell Phones/Mobile Phones 
In January, Palm Pre was featured in this site along with the eco-friendly Motorola W233 Renew cell phone. Palm Pre features and specifications are great. However, the release date of Palm Pre is yet unknown up to this time. Palm Pre has had an upgrade in features and specifications lately (based on Palm?s previous press release at CES 2009).

Here are the new features and full technical specifications of Palm Pre Smartphone, being tagged as the ?Real iPhone 3G Killer? by some experts:

Dimensions of Palm Pre

Thickness: 16.95mm (0.67 inches)

Weight: 135 grams (4.76 ounces)
Width: 59.5mm (2.3 inches)
Height: 100.5mm (3.9 inches)
Operating system: Palm webOS
Network: 3G EVDO Rev A
Display: 3.1-inch touch screen with a vibrant 24-bit color 320?480 resolution HVGA display
Keyboard: Physical QWERTY keyboard
Email: Microsoft Outlook email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology; POP3/IMAP (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc).
Messaging: Integrated IM, SMS, and MMS
GPS: Built-in GPS
Digital camera: 3 megapixel camera with LED flash and extended depth of field
Sensors: Ambient light, accelerometer, and proximity
Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
Image Formats: GIF, Animated GIF, JPEG, PNG, BMP
Wireless connectivity; Wi-Fi 802.11b/g with WPA, WPA2, 802.1X authentication
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP stereo Bluetooth support
Memory: 8GB of user storage (~7.4GB user available)
USB mass storage support: Phone as laptop modem
Bluetooth tethering
MicroUSB connector with USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Headphone jack
3.5mm stereo
Palm Touchstone charging dock: Compatible
Watch out for the release of Palm Pre. I will update everyone with the latest on Palm Pre prices and release dates when these info become available to the public. 

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: What do you guys think about the Palm Pre??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:52:48 PM »
I've taken a pass on every phone that I've been offered due to my contract being expired and Sprint wanting me to re-up for 2 more years.  I was tempted by the HTC Touch Diamond/Pro.  I kind of liked the Pro with the slide out keyboard.  I was hoping for a flip-style blackberry/palm/winOS type phone but nothing has come out like that for Sprint.  This Palm Pre looks good but I'll have to see how big it is since I don't like big phones like the iPhone or Instinct.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"