Author Topic: mlb Cardinals  (Read 3114 times)

Turn the AC on

mlb Cardinals
« on: July 25, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »
Wolf or any other Missouri mlb watchers.
If St Louis turns around Jeff Weaver like they turned around Woodie Williams from the Padres, i will declare something in the water out there.

I'm in disbelief they acquired him, further disbelief he is 1-1 so far.  Cards must have some stellar pitching coaches.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
mlb Cardinals
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 09:57:43 AM »
Wow I need to do a better job of paying attention to baseball.  Been so busy I haven't had much of a chance to keep up on anything other then last nights game via the newspaper.  Jeff Weaver is one of my favorite players!!

Dude Reality, how f'in hot is it down there right now?  Also did you guys get hit with that weird little storm that seemed to bring in all this humidity?  
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
mlb Cardinals
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »
Well, Weaver was AWFUL in his first start, but pitched well a few days ago.  That's Dave Duncan's strength, though.  Observe a veteran pitcher's start, see what his best pitches are, tell him to rely on his strengths and attack the hitters weaknesses, keep the ball down, ect, ect, ect.  This is called pitching.  It's not all that hard to figure out.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
mlb Cardinals
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:28:18 PM »
Okay Wolf he was just for ripped for 5 runs in 2 innings in start #3 as a Cardinal.
With all the young pitchers in MLB and the minors trying to get a shot, i have no freakin idea how this guy continues to occupy a starting MLB pitching rotation spot and pull big cashe.

See also thread to zig, similiar.  Actually even more shocking since Boston is in a neck n neck race with the Yankees.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: mlb Cardinals
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:57:02 AM »
Well, Weaver was AWFUL in his first start, but pitched well a few days ago.  That's Dave Duncan's strength, though.  Observe a veteran pitcher's start, see what his best pitches are, tell him to rely on his strengths and attack the hitters weaknesses, keep the ball down, ect, ect, ect.  This is called pitching.  It's not all that hard to figure out.
Dave Duncan and the Cardinals are officially great at molding pitchers.
2006 World Series MVP Jeff Weaver is now 2-10 with the Mariners.
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4039