Author Topic: Grindhouse!!  (Read 1891 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Grindhouse!!
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:36:27 PM »
I saw this movie this past sunday.  FANTASTIC!!  Look I know it only made like 10 mil openning weekend but I am telling you guys, it was REALLY entertaining the whole way through.  IMHO this one is going to be a cult classic.  It has fake previews to BS movies that just cracked me up.  The first film "planet terror" was good the whole way through and really gets you excited with all the action and cheesy b movie lines.  then the second film, "Deathproof" kind of slows you down, but the story draws you in and by the end of the movie you are clapping!  I also love that Tarantino [sp?] leaves the Alamo Draft House sign in the film as the only real Austin landmark.  The Draft House started in Austin back in the day by serving beer and real food at movies, not to mention they would have blacksploitation night where they would show stuff like Blackula, Shaft, etc (and if you saw one of these movies they would give you a free 40 ounce).  Any way it's was doing pretty much what a lot of theatres are doing now a long time ago.  They have theatres that have table  ( or rather a  really long bar) in front of your seats - they usually just took out a row of seats and put the bar in it's plas - you watch your movie, order your food from your seat (wings, pizza burgers, etc) and they bring it out to you, they serve beer and wine as well.  I have been to the one in Austin that is shown in the film before but watched this at the one Alamo Draft House that we have here in SA.  It was pretty sweet seeing the original on the big screen because you know it is shot as the only real landmark because both directors like the place.  I don't know, I thought that was cool.  If you guys have not seen it, I would suggets you go out and see it, the genre itself was always fun, and for me atleast, hasn't really been around since I watched "Army of Drakness" on the big screen.   8) 8) 8) 8)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Grindhouse!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »
If anyone sees this movie, please let me know, I did not want to go into detail about and ruin it for everyone, but would love to hear what you thought about it.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.