Author Topic: Firedoglake  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Firedoglake
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »
Hey y'all!

As a politricks maven (most of you know already that I am a Democratic Party organizer for my area (W. San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles)) as well as a voter registration coordinator in South L.A. (this is a major, often depressing, and thankless task, BTW - grist for a subsequent post).  Hey, I keep busy!

ANYWAY, to get to the subject, I was reading the New York Times article 'For Bloggers, Libby Trial Is Fun and Fodder',
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/15/washington/15bloggers.html?_r=1&hp&ex=1171602000&en=5afe9e7498071c7f&ei=5094&partner=homepage&oref=slogin
 which discusses the coming of age of the liberal blogosphere.  The 'Firedoglake.com' blog crew has provided the most complete coverage of the Libby trial by any organization, including those of the MCM (mainstream corporate media).  Now, guess where name "Firedoglake' comes from - get this:

From the creator of Firedoglake, Jane Hamsher:

Its name is easily explained, she said: “I like lying in front of the fire with my dogs and watching the Lakers.”

Obviously, this is a discerning woman - even if I am no longer a true Lakers 'fan' anymore.

-RB
Shaq #1   

Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?