Author Topic: Borat!!!!  (Read 1846 times)

guest-koast

Borat!!!!
« on: November 16, 2006, 11:06:51 AM »
Okay just to kick it off I have to say that this movie is not for everyone and certainly not for children period.  If you don't look a little deeper into what he is trying to accomplish in this movie, you know pushing aside the anti-semitic jokes, the jokes about women, and so and so forth I don't think you won't fully enjoy it.  You also must realize that Cohen is really jewish and he is playing a character from a country that he is not from (hes a british jew). The movie is...I don't know how you would put it, maybe sad, maybe pathetic, maybe a combination of both.  The Borat character is pranking the American people and really exposing the mentality of alot of "typical" Americans  in this country in a hillarious way.  From start to finish I laughed, not just chuckles, but side gripping, tear jerking laughing.  In fact I missed a few jokes because I was laughing so hard at the ones before.  It is a not stop barrage of funny questions, answers, and facial expressions many done on the fly by Cohen.

I *will* be going to see this for a second time this weekend because everytime I think of the movie I laugh to myself.  Very worth another 8 bucks and whatever it will cost to get it on Blueray/DVD.

Anyone else see this?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Borat!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
Yak shemazz! [sp?]

I heard it was hilarious.  and form the descriptions of it i will be laughing my butt off.  hopefully I will get to see this movie-films this weekend....high five!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Borat!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 03:34:21 PM »
I heard so many good things and there was so much hype around the movie I was 99% sure I was going to be disappointed.  Thank goodness for that 1% of hope.  The movie was a riot, I've seen some of his stuff before and have found most of it funny.  One of my favorite skits from this guy is when he gets a whole bar full of hicks to sing along to "Through the Jew down the well!".  It's a very catchy tune and I sing along every time.  Much like the Simpsons and South Park, the underlying message will be missed by many.  My sides actually hurt and I had a little headache after the movie cause I laughed so much and so hard.  I was so tired after the movie that I passed on "sexy time".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"