Author Topic: 1 down 3 to go  (Read 2519 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
1 down 3 to go
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:00:52 PM »
Nice game overall.  Nate Robertson pitched very well, great to get a win from your #4 against their #1.  Leyland and his staff did a great job of scouting Zito, and had a clear plan for what they wanted to do.  Great 4th for Nate, runners on 2nd and 3rd, and Leyland comes out and gets him focused, and strikes out Chavez, Swisher, and Scutturo in order.  Nice performance as well by Rodney.

I believe also Leyland out managed Macha.  I am sorry but hitting into 3 DP, killed Oakland.  Macha is playing station to station baseball, and that is tough against good pitchers.  Macha should have started his runners a few times.  Whats the worst that is gonna happen, a strike 'em out throw 'em out dp?  Well fact is they had 3 dp's anyway, and they lead the league in DP's.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
1 down 3 to go
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 03:11:06 PM »
But, but, but.............Caleb and Joe.  I though firing Alan Trammel was a BAD THING for the Tigers.

:D

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
1 down 3 to go
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 03:39:27 PM »
Skander,

Just so it's said...YOU SUCK.

That's the ONLY thing I have against the Tigers.  Alan Trammell rocks.

And to think I was just trying to reach you to see how willing you'd be to go to an NBA exhibition game, get on here, and there you are bad-mouthing my All-Time favorite Tiger.  It's not that I dislike Jim Leyland...I just like Alan Trammell more.

YOU SUCK.  

Just for that, I hope Ron Artest gets suspended for a year because he punches out Gilbert Arenas, who has to spend a month in the hospital, where he can watch replays of the 1984 World Series, just so he can see how good Alan Trammell was.

In other news, the NBA basketball preseason bug just bit me a little bit ago.  Give me a holler on the cell.

Joe

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
1 down 3 to go
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 07:16:51 PM »
But, but, but.............Caleb and Joe.  I though firing Alan Trammel was a BAD THING for the Tigers.

:D
Hey, I'm with you ... they shoulda fired Trammell LONG ago.

How's that for giving him hell, Joe?

:)
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
1 down 3 to go
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:24:28 PM »
By the way, just kidding about Trammell.  He was in a bad situation, honestly, with an incredibly young team that needed discipline.  Jim Leyland is exactly the type you want for that team.  A no-nonsense, old school, "don't mess with me" manager.

Given the right situation, I think Trammell could thrive as a manager.  He's smart, learned from one of the game's best (Sparky Anderson), and had both individual and team success during his career.  But his next chance needs to be with a veteran team.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
1 down 3 to go
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
2-0 Det and certainly in drivers seat with Gms 3. 4 & 5 at home.

Oakland putting their hopes on Rich Harden.  He has been great when healthy, not sure if he is truly 100% at present.

Setback for Tigers that i hope ends up not mattering is reliever Joel Zumaya out with wrist injury.  At the worst i hope he is back for the World Series.