Author Topic: NBA 2k7 for PS2 sucks!!!  (Read 1886 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
NBA 2k7 for PS2 sucks!!!
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »
I know a number of us here play video games (although not sure how many play console sports games) but I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that NBA 2k7 for PS2 SUCKS!  Now of course the commercials are geared towards the XBOX360, so you see tats and sweat .....well there is NO upgrade on anything to the PS2 version aside from updated rosters.  

Graphics are as crappy as they were on NBA 2k5, the players dont even look like themselves and the crowd looks like crap.  Avery Johnson doesn't look like Avery Johnson and Dirk is strickly a white blob with a crappy looking mop that represents his "hair".   There have been a few new camera angles added but nothing worth really mentioning.  Some of the camera views are SLIGHTLY moved in one direction and has become renamed.  LAME!

The gameplay is exactly the same, no special moves, no real post moves, and no special modes.  I was at least expecting to have more moves in the game for players like Kobe, Lebron, Shaq, KG, etc....NOPE!!!  Nothing.  Same moves, same controls, not even any new dunks.

And just to let you know, if you buy a new game at Game Stop and you open it......well you can't return it for your money back.  I am stuck with a crappy game and there is nothing I can do about it except take a hit and 'trade it in'.  Just didn't want someone like Skander or sp101 to fall into the same problem I did.  Don't bother picking this game up especially if you have 2k5 or 2k6 unless of course you have XBOX 360.  The game is actually really cool on the 360.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
NBA 2k7 for PS2 sucks!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:03:46 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Koast.  

...in related news, go SIGN up to the league, man.  I think you and cudall are the only ones left.  
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
NBA 2k7 for PS2 sucks!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I was looking to buy one of the two.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
NBA 2k7 for PS2 sucks!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Koast. 

...in related news, go SIGN up to the league, man.  I think you and cudall are the only ones left.
Are we switching to NBA.com or do I need to register at Yahoo?!  I am soo lost guys, between work and the move into my new house I don't know where my head is at.

Boy does the game suck.  I am so mad still.  I tried to suck it up and play it yesterday....sorry but the fact that Smush starts instead of Aaron Mckie (like he did in 2k6) doesn't make up for it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 05:59:17 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com