Author Topic: Snakes on a plane / Talledega Nights  (Read 2130 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Snakes on a plane / Talledega Nights
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »
Snakes on a plane....honestly, I have to admit that it was not as horrible as I thought it was.  Personally I was expecting to go see the worst movie ever created.  To my suprise I kind of enjoyed it.  Many parts of the movie were lame and cheesy but in a funny, we are not taking ourselves so seriously kind of way.  The storyline was well not much of a storyline for the most part.  It was only really used to introduce the reason for being on the plane and the snakes also being on the plane.   Nothing was really tied up at the end of the movie regarding what led to the flight, snakes, etc.  So to me the ending was pretty LAME!  While I did enjoy going to see it Saturday afternoon id say save this for a blockbuster night unless you are all about cheesy dark comedies.

Talledega Nights is FUNNY!  Not quite Anchorman funny (personal classic of mine) but still side grabbin funny and worth going to check out.  If you are a Will Ferrel fan then this is a no brainer next time you step foot in front of the ticket booth.   Don't worry people not named Lurker and X3, this movie is not really all that much about Nascar the "sport".  More of it is focused in on Ricky Bobby, his family (wife, kids, parents, best friend), and his desire to win.   I viewed it more as a spoof on those rags to riches sports stories we all love so much more then anything.   Storyline flowed well and while it wont win an oscar for the writing, it is worth the cash to go and see.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »
Reality you haven't seen either two movies?  Must have been a busy last few weeks for you because normally you are a big time movie goer.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 10:59:59 AM »
I thought Will Ferell was a great cast and hillarious as Jacobim Mugatu in Zoolander.    

BTW we were channel surfing and on that Heide Klum show about models, one of the Fashion Fruit judges is a guy who has got to be the character Mugatu was based on.  If you and your friends have seen Zoolander and then see this guy you will howl.

Michael Kors - Mugatu

Beyond that i very seldom laugh at his characters, including SNL.
Previews of Talledege with the 7 and 9 year old sons telling Grampa to shove it etc, I just find the "Rude Humor" overthetop so often associated with Ferell, Beaviss n Butthead, etc to be not my cup of tea.

Snakes looks retarded.  Samuel L. Jacksons obnoxiously barking at me is something i try to avoid.  That they made it work for you glad it went okay.  I know the commercials and trailers can be so misleading.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 11:05:12 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 11:30:18 AM »
Snakes on a plane was retarded and that is part of where the enjoyment comes in.   Alot of parts are funny but not intentionally, sometimes thats when people laugh the hardest.  I do have to admit at times you do get edgy because the snakes come out from all over to bite women and children.  Would be especially good to go see if someone had a strong disliking of snakes.  I wouldn't say they got it to work for me as much as I got myself to work for it..if you know what I am saying.  I went in thinking it was going to be horrible but to take it for what its worth, enjoy the AC, completely empty theeatre, and have a good time!

I agree about the potty humor from Talledega Nights but that is why I like it.  Will to me is hillarious no matter what he is doing.