Author Topic: To To To TO TO TO Terrell in the news again.  (Read 1884 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
To To To TO TO TO Terrell in the news again.
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »
To me, it was no big deal that TO is out of the first preseason game with a hammy.  It happens.  But the media in Dallas is all over Parcells about it.

Is this about TO or the media?  They need something to write about, and with TO there's always something to write about if you reach far enough.  Heck, a guote from the guy spins up the press and TV for 1-2 weeks, no problem!  Keeping him in the spotlight is SOP for the local media.

IMO, TO is a jerk, but a great wide reciever.  I doubt Parcells will get along with TO any better than Reid, which means you have 2-3 seasons before something happens and TO is gone again.  

A lot will depend on how close Dallas is to being competitive.  TO can do a lot, but he can't turn a looser into a Champion.  He will get his catches and if they have any skill at QB, a fair number of Touchdowns.  But will the Cowboys be able to hold onto the ball, and will they be able to stop other teams?

If they still suck, TO will find a way out of big D.

If they win, TO will be strutting all the way, taking all the credit.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »
Sports writers have fallen into the trap of bashing certain figures in order to sell copies of magazines/newspapers  or to get people to look in their direction.  I honestly don't remember when I was growing up seeing the media so quick to point out any small detail to try to make it news.  I am sure it has to do with the fact now you have 40 sports news channels, 24 hour cable news channels, then new mediums like the Internet.  They do so much coverage but there is honestly not that much to talk about, which is why you see so many stories about Allen Iverson farting on the train, TO sneezed in the direction of a white woman in Dallas, Kobe bought 2 big macs at Mcdonalds, etc
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 08:18:35 AM »
Actually the story is that Parcells blasted the media for solely focusing on TO.  His point was that TO was out with an injury and there are 50+ other players on the preseason roster as well as a game so he refused to answer any more questions about TO.  Otherwise all of the press about TO in the Cowboys camp has been positive as he has been early to practice, working with rookies and generally being a "model citizen".  This is mostly the press trying to drum up a story to sell papers.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »
Uuuhh, correct me if I'm wrong but TO has put out not one but two books (aka exercies in ego) in the last couple years? How can anyone, including Parcells, expect anything besides a media circus?  

And really, he's been a model citizen for what, 2, 3 weeks?  He has constantly talked shyte about former teammates and then complains when the media brings up the past?  Please....

Nevertheless if I can get him in the 4th round or latter in my fantasy league I will.   :bash: