Author Topic: A good use of tax dollars  (Read 7874 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
A good use of tax dollars
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 08:52:49 PM »
Here's what I said I'd do to solve the problem:

"I most definitely keep a protective eye on the kids in my neighborhood and if abuse ever came to my attention I would do everything I could (short of murder or castration) to stop it."

It's not the solution to all child abuse everywhere, but c'mon . . . it's more than "zero."

Ted from reading your posts I like to think you are your wife are such parents that your children will not be gotten to by even the sneakiest molester.  You are too diligent and exercise proper protection and security.

My post was about helping other kids, which was being completely ignored until WOW alluded to it in crayon.  Perhaps i read over your part about abuse coming to your attention.  Randy says i have a reading comprehension problem and since i cannot understand much of Randys posts, well it must be true.  What was beefing me is that a huge population exists of children who cannot fend for themselves.  Do not have parent(s) or some extended family that can advocate on their behalf.  That M.A.M. stepped up to the plate, however misguided, I see some goodness in his actions.

I see the negatives in what MAM did.  I also see the positives.  Here is a guy who is sick of the system and altho misguided, i have every reason to believe his motives where to protect children.  That they are other then his makes it noble, does not lessen it IMO.

I'm all for educating not only parents but small children themselves being taught how to defend againt demonic molesting attack.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2005, 09:00:10 AM »
Saying "I did it for the children" after the fact makes me think the guy is gearing up for a career in politics.

Kind of like a certain president saying, "Oh, we did it to bring freedom to the Iraqi people" once he couldn't produce those weapons of mass destruction he told us were there.

*ANYONE* can find an excuse, and even more so AFTER doing what they CHOSE to do.

If the guy had said, "I'm going to go kill some child molesters to keep the children safe" beforehand, society would have said, "NO, that's not how we do things."  And had he done it after that, we wouldn't be having this conversation - we'd know the guy was a murderer at heart.

Find the man guilty, and execute him.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2005, 09:03:30 AM »
What was beefing me is that a huge population exists of children who cannot fend for themselves.  Do not have parent(s) or some extended family that can advocate on their behalf.
The "reality" of that situation is "tough shit".  Our world is far from perfect or even fair.  The day I don't have to worry about my kids is the day I'll start worring about others.  Of course if I'm driving down the street and I see some guy trying to assualt a 12 year old, like what happened this week, I would do something about it, but I don't have the time nor the resources to reach out very far.  My kids have over 8 FIRST cousins, half of them I'm financially responsible for, and they have over 20 second cousins.  All those cousins are like brothers and sisters to my kids so I doubt I'll ever be able to "advocate" beyond my blood.

My wife and I had discussed becomming foster parents but when my "dependents" went from 4 to 8 in the course of two months we decided we could not handle it.  That's as far as I would probably go, take in one kid at a time because I can't worry about every kid that happens to make the news.  It's truely heartbreaking to hear about some of the henious crimes that are commited against kids but what can I do?  There are COUNTRIES who's kids are bought/sold/STOLEN for sole reason of camel jocky farm league.  Hundreds of kids being treated like animials, if they don't make it as a camel jocky or happend to get hurt they are practically thrown in the trash.  The sad truth is there are probably hundres of other kids in our own country who are sufferring but their plight was not news worthy.  And sadder still is that if the kid is a minority he/she has a tougher time making the news.  The American public doesn't really care much about the tragedy(s) affecting children of minorities, suffering makes the news alot easier if the victims are white.  Search the net if you don't believe me, it's more than just an opinion.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 09:06:32 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

rickortreat

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2005, 09:55:55 AM »
Not only is the world not perfect, there is a tremendous amount of abuse going on,  physical, psycholiogical, emotional abuse.

I was reading about all the Russian woman being abducted and taken to the west by UN authorities for the sex slave trade.  

Some of the people who portatray themselves as the most moral, do so in order to be in a postion where they can really do a lot of damage.  Jimmy Swaggert is a prime example. A liar and a scumbag, who suckered a lot of people into giving him their hard-earned money.

But that's nothing compared with the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini... The list goes on.

There are stories about the elite in europe engageing in pediophile parties..

It seems impossible to stop the abuse.  So many are doing it in so many ways.

The only thing that makes me tolerate it at all, is that I know what goes around comes around.  Some of the wealthiest most powerfull people end up with severe, painfull, psycholigical problems.  And they deserve every bit of the misery they get, just not soon enough to stop them from harming others.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2005, 10:16:48 AM »
what goes around comes around.

You know, I don't believe this at all.  Not one bit of it.  Experience has shown me that this just isn't the case.

Heroes are propped up one day, and torn down the next.  So are scumbags.  The difference is that a hero with a spot on his shining armor is looked at as a miserable failure whereas a scumbag with a medal is celebrated as a sign of hope.

Teachers make rotten salaries;  corporate big-wigs have more money than I could spend in my lifetime.

Yesterday, I had a manager arguing with me that Oracle's new software licensing policy is what ANY company should do.  Listen to this:

If you've got a dual-core processor, Oracle wants to charge you for 1.5 processors - rounding up.  If you've got 1, you pay for two oracle licenses.  If you've got 2, you need 3.  If you've got 3, you need 5.

Here's the reasoning:  if you've got more capacity, you should pay more.  WHO CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA?

How would you feel if Microsoft (for example) said, "Well, if you're running on a 1.5 GHz processor, we'll charge you $ 250, but if you're running on a 3.0 GHz processor, and the same everywhere else, we'll charge you $ 500?  That's essentially what Oracle is doing!

I can't wait to see what's coming next.  "That person suffers from muliple personality disorder.  Therefore, he needs to purchase an e-mail license for each personality."

And there's a manager DEFENDING this line of thinking!

I still believe in the good of the average human being.  But more than ever before, I believe in the ability of the few rotten ones to choke the good out of the rest.

Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2005, 11:03:43 AM »
What was beefing me is that a huge population exists of children who cannot fend for themselves.  Do not have parent(s) or some extended family that can advocate on their behalf.
The "reality" of that situation is "tough shit".
So your hands are full helping your own and your extended family.  Great.

So why the snippy attitude about those who can help?

Further what is your stance on M.A.M.?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
Saying "I did it for the children" after the fact makes me think the guy is gearing up for a career in politics.

Kind of like a certain president saying, "Oh, we did it to bring freedom to the Iraqi people" once he couldn't produce those weapons of mass destruction he told us were there.

*ANYONE* can find an excuse, and even more so AFTER doing what they CHOSE to do.

If the guy had said, "I'm going to go kill some child molesters to keep the children safe" beforehand, society would have said, "NO, that's not how we do things."  And had he done it after that, we wouldn't be having this conversation - we'd know the guy was a murderer at heart.

Find the man guilty, and execute him.
Yes everyone who expresses why they did something afterwords must have had ill motive beforehand.  Talk about assumes facts not in evidence.

Judge:  "Please sit down Mr Joe V."  

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2005, 11:35:41 AM »
And you buy into any explanation offered.

If I'm an executive at Enron, "Why, Mr. Prosecutor, I had no idea the accounting department was cooking the books."  Doesn't have to be true...I just have to say it to get you to believe it.

"I'm as surprised as you are that there aren't any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  Must be all that faulty intelligence."

What do you think you'd find if you were to look in the dictionary under "gullible," Reality?

Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2005, 12:34:47 AM »
And you buy into any explanation offered.

If I'm an executive at Enron, "Why, Mr. Prosecutor, I had no idea the accounting department was cooking the books."  Doesn't have to be true...I just have to say it to get you to believe it.

"I'm as surprised as you are that there aren't any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.  Must be all that faulty intelligence."

What do you think you'd find if you were to look in the dictionary under "gullible," Reality?
Well rickortreat says the Oil Bois arent being misleading about profits.  Enron has/had the same integrity as the Oil Bois, right?

That M.A.M. has been molested himself, wants to protect other childreen and is sick of the Pro Pedophile Court system makes it impossible for you to believe his explaination.  That he wants to change legal representation is the final straw.  He must be lying.  Oh wait, OJ Simpson changed lawyers and now sips Orange Juice in Miami.

You can use the Enron analogy in your closing.  I will use a different one.

Neither of us will get what we want.  I (most likely) won't get to see him offered any gov't sponsored sincere competent counseling and you won't get to see him fry.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 01:18:09 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2005, 11:21:38 AM »
what goes around comes around.

You know, I don't believe this at all.  Not one bit of it.  Experience has shown me that this just isn't the case.
Joe,

Could not agree with you more.  For some in this life, it is only their death that puts an end to their "goes around'.  By "only" I'm not minimizing as i do believe their continued life is now in the hands of their maker.

But while on Earth under this system we live under, some scumbags indeed can and do *prosper* with seemingly no ill effects.