Author Topic: Thunderbird  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Thunderbird
« on: March 05, 2005, 11:36:24 AM »
I've been playing around with Thunderbird, but have never switched.  I recently tried out PortableThunderbird, which is essentially thunderbird modified to run off of a USB drive.  I had always kept my outlook .pst files on my thumbdrive before, and that was pretty much the main reason I hadn't switched over to Thunderbird before.

Now, with PortableThunderbird, I could get my mail from computers that previously had no e-mail client installed, Outlook or Thunderbird (since the installation is actually stored on your USB drive, and takes up about 10 megs).  I'm real close to making the switch.  Has anyone else doneso, and if they have, what are your impressions?

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thunderbird
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 12:13:17 PM »
I have email at work, and yahoo more my other account so I don't use Outlook.  When I asked about Mozilla a couple of months ago I went ahead and loaded Thunderbird for my wife, as she gets about 80% junk.  I thought it had some real nice features, but getting her to change is nearly impossible, even if she hates what she has.  She has used for a little while, but for whatever reason quit.  No complaints or problems though.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil