Author Topic: We were sick of political threads . . .  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
We were sick of political threads . . .
« on: October 18, 2004, 02:19:15 PM »
Funny how they became unacceptable when the threads started offering a different point of view.

Oh well, I agree with you dabods. These threads need their own place.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 02:23:34 PM »
There have always been threads posted disagreeing with me.  I've argued in some, stayed out of others.

However, I've just now gotten sick of them, on both sides.  And since this is my board ( ;) ), I'm the one who decides when enough is enough.  I've been turning off the TV any time I see anything politics related since the last debate.  Now I'm doing it here.

It's not like I'm deleting threads, censoring threads, or moving over just some threads.  I'm moving them all, in their entirety.

With preseason games now starting it's time to talk basktball.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 02:23:52 PM by dbodner »

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 02:35:08 PM »
There have always been threads posted disagreeing with me.  I've argued in some, stayed out of others.

However, I've just now gotten sick of them, on both sides.  And since this is my board ( ;) ), I'm the one who decides when enough is enough.  I've been turning off the TV any time I see anything politics related since the last debate.  Now I'm doing it here.

It's not like I'm deleting threads, censoring threads, or moving over just some threads.  I'm moving them all, in their entirety.

Honestly, I totally agree with you. I was at the point a few months ago when I stopped coming, using school as an excuse to avoid the barrage. About a month ago, I decided to fight fire with fire, posting political threads I knew would really bug some people on the board. Who would do such a thing? I know; it was a "cheap and tawdry" trick.

But thanks to you . . . WE HAVE OUR BOARD BACK! Bravo Bods.

You will NEVER see another political thread from me.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 04:19:11 PM »
There have always been threads posted disagreeing with me.  I've argued in some, stayed out of others.

However, I've just now gotten sick of them, on both sides.  And since this is my board ( ;) ), I'm the one who decides when enough is enough.  I've been turning off the TV any time I see anything politics related since the last debate.  Now I'm doing it here.

It's not like I'm deleting threads, censoring threads, or moving over just some threads.  I'm moving them all, in their entirety.

Honestly, I totally agree with you. I was at the point a few months ago when I stopped coming, using school as an excuse to avoid the barrage. About a month ago, I decided to fight fire with fire, posting political threads I knew would really bug some people on the board. Who would do such a thing? I know; it was a "cheap and tawdry" trick.

You failed Ted.  You were fighting fire with gas.  The only person who seriously gets mad about these threads is Randy.  Thats it.  I don't think you pissed Randy off seeing how you guys hang out on the same side of the fence.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 05:40:41 PM »
Oh yeah? Says who?!?

Well, whether it made people mad or not. It did the job. I still think it was funny how we started hearing complaints from such prolific political posters as Spursfan101 when I started posting Journal articles. And I still remain very proud of my assortment of avatars. Hey, soon the election will be over, and it'll all be good. :up:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 05:41:34 PM by Ted »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:22:57 AM »
Oh yeah? Says who?!?

Well, whether it made people mad or not. It did the job. I still think it was funny how we started hearing complaints from such prolific political posters as Spursfan101 when I started posting Journal articles. And I still remain very proud of my assortment of avatars. Hey, soon the election will be over, and it'll all be good. :up:
In basic elemetry school math terms

my signature > your signature

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 11:03:24 AM »
Oh yeah? Says who?!?

In basic elemetry school math terms

my signature > your signature
Yeah, my signature needs some work.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 08:37:16 PM »
IMO it was pretty stupid, we don't have a huge community so what's the point of seperating the threads.  FNBA, Gen, and NBA.

Then again look who I'm dealing with....yea, it was a great move!  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 01:12:44 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 06:55:21 PM »
Ted is the craftsman of this new BS ad that paint the picture that Terrorists want John Kerry to win!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember where you heard it first!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 01:16:11 AM »

Fag!

And here I thought you were a Bush supporter!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"