Author Topic: Derek I have some questions I thought you could help me with  (Read 2675 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Derek I have some questions I thought you could help me with
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:14:10 PM »
Since you have an inside track to DraftExpress  :), I was wondering if you could find out a few things for me.  What is the exact formula for Player Passer Rating (PPR) within the player stats page?  Also is this measurement the same or different from the one used by 82games.com?  Also is it possible to get a download of all the player stats within their database in an Excel format?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help you can provide.

ziggy
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Derek I have some questions I thought you could help me with
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
Since you have an inside track to DraftExpress  :), I was wondering if you could find out a few things for me.  What is the exact formula for Player Passer Rating (PPR) within the player stats page?  Also is this measurement the same or different from the one used by 82games.com?  Also is it possible to get a download of all the player stats within their database in an Excel format?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help you can provide.

ziggy

Excel? That is for babies...are you not going to analyze the stats? You would be better off getting the stats in Access or SQL.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 01:58:09 PM »
I am 52 and stuck in my ways, what can I say.  Never used Access, maybe I will step outside my old fat comfort zone and give it a shot.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 05:51:57 PM »
I believe PPR is:
(100*(0.66*ast)-to)/min

I'm not sure whether or not that matches with 82games.  I've sometimes found their calculations to be slightly different than generally accepted norm.

I'll see if I can get it in a spreadsheet format, although I'm guessing probably not.  Not that I couldn't, but that Jonathan would probably be pissed if I did.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
I believe PPR is:
(100*(0.66*ast)-to)/min

I'm not sure whether or not that matches with 82games.  I've sometimes found their calculations to be slightly different than generally accepted norm.

I'll see if I can get it in a spreadsheet format, although I'm guessing probably not.  Not that I couldn't, but that Jonathan would probably be pissed if I did.

Thank you Derek, and I certainly understand if Jonathan doesn't want to do that.  He has obviously worked hard to put all of that together, so it is obviously something you work hard to protect.

AA Mil