Author Topic: 2010 Draft Recap  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
2010 Draft Recap
« on: October 24, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
How'd everyone like their fantasy draft?

Really liked mine, as I picked up seven of the guys I targeted in the first eight rounds.  Only Eric Gordon in the 7th didn't slip to me.

Love the core of my team (the first eight players).  It's versatile, it can go big, it can go small, ect.  I mixed in youth (Evans, Love, Wall) with veterans (Duncan, Bogut, Lewis, Odom), so if the team doesn't pan out, I've set myself up for next year's keepers (something I didn't do a year ago; too much of a veteran-heavy team).

The only pick I really regret was Darko over Ibaka in the 12th.  Didn't realize Ibaka was left, and that's my mistake.

Some of the late-round targets didn't fall where I wanted them, like Harden, Hinrich, ect.

Otherwise, very happy and like my team (except for Crawford and Smith.  Just can't root for me-first gunners).
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: 2010 Draft Recap
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:41:20 AM »
I liked my draft.  I got players I liked, and even got value in the late rounds.  Now, granted, my draft would have looked better if I had this same group 3 or 4 years ago, but I'm happy with my team.  I'm definitely veteran-heavy;  then again, I've always been a veteran-heavy kind of team.

I surprised a lot of people by taking Wade, when I'd all along been wanting Dwight Howard.  I actually expected Derek to make my pick for me, by selecting either Howard or Wade, and I'd get the left-over.  I just wasn't happy with the point guards out there, and Wade qualifies at point, plus Wade is going to get a lot of the off-day games playing in Miami.  Since I'm always an accumulation category guy, I couldn't overlook that.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:01:28 PM »
I'm "meh" on my draft.  I didn't decide on Howard/Wade/Curry until literally my pick.  I was praying in every way imaginable for Durant to drop to #2, but knew it wasn't going to happen.  Wade's injury risks scared me, and Lee/Howard would have made my frontcourt a rebounding behemoth, he's an overrated (albeit still very good) fantasy player.  Curry's post all-star stat lines last year (22.1 ppg, 7.7 apg, 2.7 threes made at 44%) make me drool, enough so that even playing for Golden State didn't scare me away.  I'm hoping he eventually gets dual-guard status.

After that, I've got a lot of risks.  Collison was great last year as a starter, but I'm relying on 2 second year players quite a bit, and he wasn't nearly as good in the preseason, and New Orleans was tailor made for a point guard of his ilk.  I'm not expecting him reproducing last years 18/9 starters numbers.  Gallinari I'm not in love with, but I really needed a wing, and him, curry, and collison should lock up three's for me fairly well, and he actually got to the line last year and rebounded at an almost-acceptable clip.  Oden was a technical mistake after my browser locked up.  I did want Oden, just about 3 rounds later.  Gordon, Deng, McGee and Cousins I was happy with.  I was more happy with Bellini before the Bayless trade when marco was the starting SG, I think I could regret that pick quite a bit.  Williams could be solid, if he gets enough minutes, for that late.  speights will be dropped, and daye could as well if he doesn't get PT early.

Overall, I'd probably rate my draft a B-/C+.  I think I should be able to challenge for three's (made and %) every week.  I think I've given up free throws every week.  Blocks and rebounds are largely dependent on McGee and Oden, whether either of them play and play consistently, but I'm worried about those two cats as well.  Could use another PF or 2, and less PG's, more than slightly unbalanced, although I don't worry about balance this early in the season.

Offline cudall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:14:16 AM »
Does anyone want to assess my draft? I simply couldn't get online (was at my bro's wedding). Overall, it doesn't look TOO bad for an auto pick team, but I know I'm light on proven bigs . . . Any feedback would be welcomed.

And again, I'm very open to trading Carmelo. Let me know if you have interest . . .